One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
- When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one’s self, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
- Yet each man kills the thing he loves from all let this be heard some does it with a bitter look some with a flattering word the coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword.
- I was disappointed in Niagara — most people must be disappointed in Niagara. Every American bride is taken there, and the sight of the stupendous waterfall must be one of the earliest, if not the keenest, disappointments in American married life.
- For an artist to marry his model is as fatal as for a gourmet to marry his cook: the one gets no sittings, and the other gets no dinners.
- Men marry because they are tired; women, because they are curious; both are disappointed.