Though women are angels, yet wedlock’s the devil.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.
- All tragedies are finished by a death, all comedies by a marriage.
- I cannot help thinking that the menace of Hell makes as many devils as the severe penal codes of inhuman humanity make villains.
- This place is the Devil, or at least his principal residence, they call it the University, but any other appellation would have suited it much better, for study is the last pursuit of the society; the Master eats, drinks, and sleeps, the Fellows drink, dispute and pun, the employments of the undergraduates you will probably conjecture without my description.
- History is the devil’s scripture.
- The Angels were all singing out of tune, and hoarse with having little else to do, excepting to wind up the sun and moon or curb a runaway young star or two.