Grief walks upon the heels of pleasure; married in haste, we repent at leisure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A wit should no more be sincere, than a woman constant; one argues a decay of parts, as to other of beauty.
- Blessings ever wait on virtuous deeds, and though a late, a sure reward succeeds.
- I know that’s a secret, for it’s whispered everywhere.
- If there’s delight in love, ‘Tis when I see that heart, which others bleed for, bleed for me.
- Music has charms to soothe the savage beast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.
- Invention flags, his brain goes muddy, and black despair succeeds brown study.