So that ends my first experience of matrimony, which I always thought a highly over-rated performance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Any intelligent woman who reads the marriage contract and then goes into it, deserves all the consequences.
- The first essential in writing about anything is that the writer should have no experience of the matter.
- Virtuous people are simply those who have not been tempted sufficiently, because they live in a vegetative state, or because their purposes are so concentrated in one direction that they have not had the leisure to glance around them.
- I had learned to have a perfect nausea for the theatre: the continual repetition of the same words and the same gestures, night after night, and the caprices, the way of looking at life, and the entire rigmarole disgusted me.
- Perhaps he was a bit different from other people, but what really sympathetic person is not a little mad?
- The real American type can never be a ballet dancer. The legs are too long, the body too supple and the spirit too free for this school of affected grace and toe walking.