Love is blind and marriage is the institution for the blind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He either fears his fate too much, Or his deserts are small, That dares not put it to the touch, To gain or lose it all.
- Love is blind — marriage is the eye-opener.
- Marriage is a great institution, but I’m not ready for an institution.
- Marriage is an institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
- The institution of marriage in all societies is a pattern within which the strains put by civilization on males and females alike must be resolved, a pattern within which men must learn, in return for a variety of elaborate rewards, new forms in which sexual spontaneity is still possible, and women must learn to discipline their receptivity to a thousand other considerations.
- Say what you will, making marriage work is a woman’s business. The institution was invented to do her homage; it was contrived for her protection. Unless she accepts it as such –as a beautiful, bountiful, but quite unequal association –the going will be hard indeed.