There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.
- Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long.
- A good servant is a real godsend, but truly this is a rare bird in the land.
- Who has skill in the art of music is of good temperament and fitted for all things.
- There is no wisdom save in truth. Truth is everlasting, but our ideas about truth are changeable. Only a little of the first fruits of wisdom, only a few fragments of the boundless heights, breadths and depths of truth, have I been able to gather.
- Cannons and fire-arms are cruel and damnable machines; I believe them to have been the direct suggestion of the Devil. If Adam had seen in a vision the horrible instruments his children were to invent, he would have died of grief.