There is no subject on which more dangerous nonsense is talked and thought than marriage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Marriage is popular because it combines the maximum of temptation with the maximum of opportunity.
- When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part.
- It is a woman’s business to get married as soon as possible, and a man’s to keep unmarried as long as he can.
- The great danger of conversion in all ages has been that when the religion of the high mind is offered to the lower mind, the lower mind, feeling its fascination without understanding it, and being incapable of rising to it, drags it down to its level by degrading it.
- In a battle all you need to make you fight is a little hot blood and the knowledge that it’s more dangerous to lose than to win.
- Old men are dangerous: it doesn’t matter to them what is going to happen to the world.