The world is for thousands a freak show; the images flicker past and vanish; the impressions remain flat and unconnected in the soul. Thus they are easily led by the opinions of others, are content to let their impressions be shuffled and rearranged and evaluated differently.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image
- No two men see the world exactly alike, and different temperaments will apply in different ways a principle that they both acknowledge. The same man will, indeed, often see and judge the same things differently on different occasions: early convictions must give way to more mature ones. Nevertheless, may not the opinions that a man holds and expresses withstand all trials, if he only remains true to himself and others?
- Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.
- The little that is completed, vanishes from the sight of one who looks forward to what is still to do.
- Master and Doctor are my titles; for ten years now, without repose, I held my erudite recitals and led my pupils by the nose.
- Nothing shows a man’s character more than what he laughs at.