They are good furniture pictures, unworthy of praise, and undeserving of blame.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Men are more evanescent than pictures, yet one sorrows for lost friends, and pictures are my friends. I have none others. I am never long enough with men to attach myself to them; and whatever feelings of attachment I have are to material things.
- No good work whatever can be perfect, and the demand for perfection is always a sign of a misunderstanding of the ends of art.
- Let every dawn of the morning be to you as the beginning of life. And let every setting of the sun be to you as its close. Then let everyone of these short lives leave its sure record of some kindly thing done for others; some good strength of knowledge gained for yourself.
- The beginning and almost the end of all good law is that everyone shall work for their bread and receive good bread for their work.
- The strength and power of a country depends absolutely on the quantity of good men and women in it.
- Every great man is always being helped by everybody; for his gift is to get good out of all things and all persons.