The little man is still a man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If any man wishes to write a clear style, let him first be clear in his thoughts.
- If a man or woman is born ten years sooner or later, their whole aspect and performance shall be different.
- A collections of anecdotes and maxims is the greatest of treasures for the man of the world, for he knows how to intersperse conversation with the former in fit places, and to recollect the latter on proper occasions.
- The best fortune that can fall to a man is that which corrects his defects and makes up for his failings.
- No two men see the world exactly alike, and different temperaments will apply in different ways a principle that they both acknowledge. The same man will, indeed, often see and judge the same things differently on different occasions: early convictions must give way to more mature ones. Nevertheless, may not the opinions that a man holds and expresses withstand all trials, if he only remains true to himself and others?
- Nothing shows a man’s character more than what he laughs at.