Man is the only animal of which I am thoroughly and cravenly afraid of.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Human beings are the only animals of which I am thoroughly and cravenly afraid.
- The ordinary man is an anarchist. He wants to do as he likes. He may want his neighbor to be governed, but he himself doesn’t want to be governed. He is mortally afraid of government officials and policemen.
- Man is the only animal which esteems itself rich in proportion to the number and voracity of its parasites.
- The test of a man or woman’s breeding is how they behave in a quarrel.
- A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most. On Other Peoples Expectations: The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me.
- A man’s interest in the world is only an overflow from his interest in himself.