‘Tis not in mortals to command success, but we’ll do more, Sempronius, we’ll deserve it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The fear of death often proves mortal, and sets people on methods to save their Lives, which infallibly destroy them.
- Music, the greatest good that mortals know, And all of heaven we have below.
- Admiration is a very short-lived passion that immediately decays upon growing familiar with its object, unless it be still fed with fresh discoveries, and kept alive by a new perpetual succession of miracles rising up to its view.
- Is there not some chosen curse, some hidden thunder in the stores of heaven, red with uncommon wrath, to blast the man who owes his greatness to his country’s ruin!
- A perfect tragedy is the noblest production of human nature.
- A cloudy day or a little sunshine have as great an influence on many constitutions as the most recent blessings or misfortunes.