He is not elevated by good fortune or depressed by bad. His mind is established in God, and he is free from delusion.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The disunited mind is far from wise; how can it meditate? How be at peace? When you know no peace, how can you know joy?
- Governing sense, mind and intellect, intent on liberation, free from desire, fear and anger, the sage is forever free.
- When you move amidst the world of sense, free from attachment and aversion alike, there comes the peace in which all sorrows end, and you life in the wisdom of the Self.
- O Krishna, the stillness of divine union which you describe is beyond my comprehension. How can the mind, which is so restless, attain lasting peace? Krishna, the mind is restless, turbulent, powerful, violent; trying to control it is like trying to tame the wind.
- That one I love who is incapable of ill will, and returns love for hatred. Living beyond the reach of I and mind, and of pain and pleasure, full of mercy, contented, self-controlled, with all his heart and all his mind given to Me — with such a one I am in love.
- When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place.