A vacant mind invites dangerous inmates, as a deserted mansion tempts wandering outcasts to enter and take up their abode in its desolate apartments.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
- If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, just what does an empty desk mean?
- The mind is a matter over every kind of fortune; itself acts in both ways, being the cause of its own happiness and misery.
- We must realize that the subconscious mind is the law of action and always expresses what the conscious mind has impressed on it. What we regularly entertain in our mind creates a conception of self. What we conceive ourselves to be, we become.
- The blessing of an active mind, when it is in a good condition, is, that it not only employ itself, but is almost sure to be the means of giving wholesome employment to others.
- The direct effect on our mind is achieved by the words, the text, the thought, which arouse consideration. Our will is directly affected by the super-objective, by other objectives, by a through line of action. Our feelings are directly worked upon by tempo-rhythm.