It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- From a drop of water a logician could infer the possibility of an Atlantic or a Niagara without having seen or heard of one or the other.
- I can never bring you to realize the importance of sleeves, the suggestiveness of thumb-nails, or the great issues that may hang from a boot-lace.
- A client is to me a mere unit, a factor in a problem.
- There is nothing more unaesthetic than a policeman.
- When a doctor does go wrong he is the first of criminals. He has nerve and he has knowledge.
- The most winning woman I ever knew was hanged for poisoning three little children for their insurance-money, and the most repellent man of my acquaintance is a philanthropist who has spent nearly a quarter of a million upon the London poor.