Moderation is an ostentatious proof of our strength of character.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Moderation in people who are contented comes from that calm that good fortune lends to their spirit.
- We all have enough strength to endure the misfortunes of others.
- If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength.
- It is only persons of firmness that can have real gentleness. Those who appear gentle are, in general, only a weak character, which easily changes into asperity.
- Weakness of character is the only defect which cannot be amended.
- Only action gives life strength, only moderation gives it charm.