Even moderation ought not to be practiced to excess.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It speaks volumes for a person that when placed in quite different situations, they display the same spirit of moderation.
- There is moderation even in excess.
- Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.
- Temperance is moderation in the things that are good and total abstinence from the things that are foul.
- Candor and generosity, unless tempered by due moderation, leads to ruin.
- That moderation which nature prescribes, which limits our desires by resources restricted to our needs, has abandoned the field; it has now come to this — that to want only what is enough is a sign both of boorishness and of utter destitution.