It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Modesty is a quality in a lover more praised by the women than liked.
- Because impudence is a vice, it does not follow that modesty is a virtue; it is built upon shame, a passion in our nature, and may be either good or bad according to the actions performed from that motive.
- He is a modest little man who has a good deal to be modest about.
- Conceit spoils the finest genius. There is not much danger that real talent or goodness will be overlooked long; even if it is, the consciousness of possessing and using it well should satisfy one, and the great charm of all power is modesty.
- A vain man finds it wise to speak good or ill of himself; a modest man does not talk of himself.
- When a woman has lost her chastity she will shrink from nothing.