Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There’s a sucker born every minute.
- Every crowd has a silver lining.
- Those who really desire to attain an independence, have only set their minds upon it, and adopt the proper means, as they do in regard to any other object which they wish to accomplish, and the thing is easily done.
- More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing than by believing in too much.
- Money makes a good servant, but a bad master.
- If money be not they servant, it will be thy master. The covetous man cannot so properly be said to possess wealth, as that may be said to possess him.