If you make money your god, it will plague you like the devil.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Money will say more in one moment than the most eloquent lover can in years.
- Sir, money, money, the most charming of all things; money, which will say more in one moment than the most elegant lover can in years. Perhaps you will say a man is not young; I answer he is rich. He is not genteel, handsome, witty, brave, good-humored, but he is rich, rich, rich, rich, rich –that one word contradicts everything you can say against him.
- Money is the fruit of evil, as often as the root of it.
- Thwackum was for doing justice, and leaving mercy to Heaven.
- What’s vice today may be virtue, tomorrow.
- I have found it; I have discovered the cause of all the misfortunes which befell him. A public school, Joseph, was the cause of all the calamities which he afterwards suffered. Public schools are the nurseries of all vice and immorality.