The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do to more for the betterment of life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Money is like an arm or leg — use it or lose it.
- There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wages possible.
- Speculation is only a word covering the making of money out of the manipulation of prices, instead of supplying goods and services.
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business.
- Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.
- The object of living is work, experience, and happiness. There is joy in work. All that money can do is buy us someone else’s work in exchange for our own. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.