After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Money doesn’t always bring happiness. A man with ten million dollars is no happier than a man with nine million dollars.
- Having more money does not insure happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars.
- Almost any man knows how to earn money, but not one in a million knows how to spend it.
- Making a million dollars is the simplest thing in the world. Just find a product that sells for $2000 and that you can buy at a cost of $1000, and sell a thousand of them.
- If you cannot make money on one dollar, if you do not coax one dollar to work hard for you, you won’t know how to make money out of one hundred thousand dollars.
- Comparatively few people know what a million dollars actually is. To the majority it is a gaseous concept, swelling or decreasing as the occasion suggests. In the minds of politicians, perhaps more than anywhere, the notion of a million dollars has this accordion-like ability to expand or contract; if they are disposing of it, the million is a pleasing sum, reflecting warmly upon themselves; if somebody else wants it, it becomes a figure of inordinate size, not to be compassed by the rational mind.