Money will buy a bed but not sleep; books but not brains; food but not appetite; finery but not beauty; a house but not a home; medicine but not health; luxuries but not culture; amusements but not happiness; religion but not salvation; a passport to everywhere but heaven.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Flash’d from his bed the electric tidings came, he is no better, he is much the same.
- Nature abhors a vacuum. When a head lacks brains, nature fills it with conceit.
- A baby sitter is someone who watches your TV set While your kids cry themselves to sleep.
- Every beauty which is seen here below by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come
- When you don’t have any money, the problem is food, When you have money, it’s sex. When you have both, its. It’s health, If everything is simple, then you’re frightened of death.
- I’m not into the money thing. You can only sleep in one bed at a time. You can only eat one meal at a time, or be in one car at a time. So I don’t have to have millions of dollars to be happy. All I need are clothes on my back, a decent meal, and a little loving when I feel like it. That’s the bottom line.