Money will buy a bed but not sleep; books but not brains; food but not appetite; finery but not beauty; a house but not a home; medicine but not health; luxuries but not culture; amusements but not happiness; religion but not salvation; a passport to everywhere but heaven.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Money may be the husk of many things, but not the kernel. It brings you food, but not appetite; medicine, but not health; acquaintances, but not friends; servants, but not faithfulness; days of joy, but not peace and happiness.
- Money talks and often just says, Good Bye.
- Sleep is better than medicine.
- In full view of his television audience, he preached a new religion — or a new form of Christianity — based on faith in financial miracles and in a Heaven here on earth with a water slide and luxury hotels. It was a religion of celebrity and showmanship and fun, which made a mockery of all puritanical standards and all canons of good taste. Its standard was excess, and its doctrines were tolerance and freedom from accountability.
- The average girl would rather have beauty than brains because she knows the average man can see much better than he can think.
- Prayer is a passport to heaven. Your communication with God.