An Englishman thinks he is moral when he is only uncomfortable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Morality is suspecting other people of not being legally married.
- The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.
- Life on board a pleasure steamer violates every moral and physical condition of healthy life except fresh air. It is a guzzling, lounging, gambling, dog’s life. The only alternative to excitement is irritability.
- I have to live for others and not for myself: that’s middle-class morality.
- Money is indeed the most important thing in the world; and all sound and successful personal and national morality should have this fact for its basis.
- An election is a moral horror, as bad as a battle except for the blood; a mud bath for every soul concerned in it.