When a woman is twenty, a child deforms her; when she is thirty, he preserves her; and when forty, he makes her young again.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice.
- The free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought.
- No culture on earth outside of mid-century suburban America has ever deployed one woman per child without simultaneously assigning her such major productive activities as weaving, farming, gathering, temple maintenance, and tent-building. The reason is that full-time, one-on-one child-raising is not good for women or children.
- A mother understands what a child does not say.
- The mother as a social servant instead of a home servant will not lack in true mother duty. From her work, loved and honored though it is, she will return to her home life, the child life, with an eager, ceaseless pleasure, cleansed of all the fret and fraction and weariness that so mar it now.
- A mother’s yearning feels the presence of the cherished child even in the degraded man.