We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- But as to women, who can penetrate the real sufferings of their she condition? Man’s very sympathy with their estate has much of selfishness and more suspicion. Their love, their virtue, beauty, education, but form good housekeepers, to breed a nation.
- Switzerland is a curst, selfish, swinish country of brutes, placed in the most romantic region of the world.
- To withdraw myself from myself has ever been my sole, my entire, my sincere motive in scribbling at all.
- My time has been passed viciously and agreeably; at thirty-one so few years months days hours or minutes remain that Carpe Diem is not enough. I have been obliged to crop even the seconds — for who can trust to tomorrow?
- Man is born passionate of body, but with an innate though secret tendency to the love of Good in his main-spring of Mind. But God help us all! It is at present a sad jar of atoms.
- So for a good old-gentlemanly vice, I think I must take up with avarice.