If music be the food of love; play on.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.
- Is it not strange that sheep’s guts should hale souls out of men’s bodies?
- If all the year were playing holidays, to sport would be as tedious as to work.
- Man, proud man, drest in a little brief authority, most ignorant of what he’s most assur d, glassy essence, like an angry ape, plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven, as make the angels weep.
- To be wise and love exceeds man’s might.