I like Beethoven, especially the poems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- America: It’s like Britain, only with buttons.
- I’ve outdone anyone you can name — Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Strauss. Irving Berlin, he wrote 1,001 tunes. I wrote 5,500.
- Mozart has the classic purity of light and the blue ocean; Beethoven the romantic grandeur which belongs to the storms of air and sea, and while the soul of Mozart seems to dwell on the ethereal peaks of Olympus, that of Beethoven climbs shuddering the storm-beaten sides of a Sinai. Blessed be they both! Each represents a moment of the ideal life, each does us good. Our love is due to both.
- Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth.
- People whose sensibility is destroyed by music in trains, airports, lifts, cannot concentrate on a Beethoven Quartet.
- If anyone has conducted a Beethoven performance, and then doesn’t have to go to an osteopath, then there’s something wrong.