Put an Irishman on the spit and you can always get another Irishman to turn him.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.
- I talk democracy to these men and women. I tell them that they have the vote, and that theirs is the kingdom and the power and the glory. I say to them You are supreme: exercise your power. They say, That’s right: tell us what to do; and I tell them. I say Exercise our vote intelligently by voting for me. And they do. That’s democracy; and a splendid thing it is too for putting the right men in the right place.
- Youth is such a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.
- Even the youngest of us may be wrong sometimes.
- It is all that the young can do for the old, to shock them and keep them up to date.
- Youth, which is forgiven everything, forgives itself nothing: age, which forgives itself everything, is forgiven nothing.