A people always ends by resembling its shadow.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, and the epitaph drear: A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.
- All the people like us are We, and everyone else is They.
- ‘Tis beauty, so to speak, nor good talk necessarily. It’s just IT. Some women will stay in a man’s memory if they once walked down a street.
- For undemocratic reasons and for motives not of State, they arrive at their conclusions — largely inarticulate. Being void of self-expression they confide their views to none; but sometimes in a smoking room, one learns why things were done.
- He wrapped himself in quotations — as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors.
- Never praise a sister to a sister in the hope of your compliments reaching he proper ears.