A people always ends by resembling its shadow.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, and the epitaph drear: A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.
- All the people like us are We, and everyone else is They.
- Call a truce, then, to our labors — let us feast with friends and neighbors, and be merry as the custom of our caste; for if faint and forced the laughter, and if sadness follow after, we are richer by one mocking Christmas past.
- A woman’s guess is much more accurate than a man’s certainty.
- For undemocratic reasons and for motives not of State, they arrive at their conclusions — largely inarticulate. Being void of self-expression they confide their views to none; but sometimes in a smoking room, one learns why things were done.
- Never praise a sister to a sister in the hope of your compliments reaching he proper ears.