France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Warm summer sun, shine kindly here. Warm southern wind, blow softly here. Green sod above, lie light, lie light. Good night, dear Heart, Good night, good night.
- I could have become a soldier if I had waited; I knew more about retreating than the man who invented retreating.
- If He Tom Sawyer had been a great and wise philosopher, like the writer of this book, he would now have comprehended that Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do and Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.
- The Pause; that impressive silence, that eloquent silence, that geometrically progressive silence which often achieves a desired effect where no combination of words, however so felicitous, could accomplish it.
- I have not a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming vices.
- You can’t pray a lie.