Love thy neighbor — but don’t pull down your hedge.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t throw stones at your neighbors , if your own windows are glass.
- Love your neighbor, yet pull not down your hedge.
- Love thy neighbor but keep your high.
- Love thy neighbor as thyself, but choose your neighborhood.
- Friends and neighbors, the taxes are indeed very heavy, and if those laid on by the government were the only ones we had to pay, we might more easily discharge them; but we have many others, and much more grievous to some of us. We are taxed twice as much by our idleness, three times as much by our pride, and four times as much by our folly; and from these taxes the commissioners cannot ease or deliver us by allowing abatement.
- The world is full of fools and faint hearts; and yet everyone has courage enough to bear the misfortunes, and wisdom enough to manage the affairs of his neighbor.