A fellow can’t keep people from having a bad opinion of him, but he can keep them from being right about it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t be swayed just because they say it’s public opinion. Remember, public opinion is simple what everybody else thinks.
- Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion.
- A man convinced against his will; is of the same opinion still.
- The fellow who does things that count, doesn’t usually stop to count them.
- The man who appeals to the best side of his fellows is rarely disappointed.
- There is an old saying that, you can’t kill a frog by dropping him into hot water. As you drop him into the hot water, he reacts so quickly that he immediately jumps out unharmed. But if you put him in cold water and gradually warm it up until it is scalding hot, you have him cooked before he knows it. The encroachment of bad habits in our lives is very much like this.