Would you kick an opponent when he was down? Yes, if I thought he might get up.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Forget your opponents; always play against par.
- The opponents and I are really one. My strength and skills only half of the equation. The other half is theirs. An opponent is someone whose strength joined to yours creates a certain result.
- To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragedy.
- The only one who can beat me is me.
- Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.
- We do not place especial value on the possession of a virtue until we notice its total absence in our opponent.