The free world must not prove itself worthy of its own past.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage.
- Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.
- The history of free men is never really written by chance but by choice; their choice!
- Every gun that is fired, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. The world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- We have heard much of the phrase, peace and friendship. This phrase, in expressing the aspiration of America, is not complete. We should say instead, peace and friendship, in freedom. This, I think, is America’s real message to the rest of the world.
- Whatever America hopes to bring to pass in the world must first come to pass in the heart of America.