He that can have patience can have what he will.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Our necessities never equal our wants.
- It is the working man who is the happy man. It is the idle man who is the miserable man.
- Tomorrow every fault is to be amended; but tomorrow never comes.
- The way to wealth depends on just two words, industry and frugality.
- Most people dislike vanity in others, whatever share they have of it themselves; but I give it fair quarter, wherever I meet with it, being persuaded that it is often productive of good to the possessor, and to others who are within his sphere of action: and therefore, in many cases, it would not be altogether absurd if a man were to thank God for his vanity among the other comforts of life.
- Human felicity is produced not as much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen as by little advantages that occur every day.