Peace is not only better than war, but infinitely more arduous
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- All progress means war with society.
- It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.
- Youth is such a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.
- Even the youngest of us may be wrong sometimes.
- It is all that the young can do for the old, to shock them and keep them up to date.
- Youth, which is forgiven everything, forgives itself nothing: age, which forgives itself everything, is forgiven nothing.