What’s important is promising something to the people, not actually keeping those promises. The people have always lived on hope alone.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.
- The world has always gone through periods of madness so as to advance a bit on the road to reason.
- No one’s death comes to pass without making some impression, and those close to the deceased inherit part of the liberated soul and become richer in their humanness.
- There are only three types of people; those who have found God and serve him; those who have not found God and seek him, and those who live not seeking, or finding him. The first are rational and happy; the second unhappy and rational, and the third foolish and unhappy.
- People will teach you how to sell them if you’ll pay attention to the messages they send you.
- The genius of the United States is not best or most in its executives or legislatures, nor in its ambassadors or authors or colleges, or churches, or parlors, nor even in its newspapers or inventors, but always most in the common people.