The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the prompting of a brave, determined spirit.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A powerful agent is the right word. Whenever we come upon one of those intensely right words… the resulting effect is physical as well as spiritual, and electrically prompt.
- It is a time when one’s spirit is subdued and sad, one knows not why; when the past seems a storm-swept desolation, life a vanity and a burden, and the future but a way to death.
- Duties are not performed for duty’s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty –the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
- Any so-called material thing that you want is merely a symbol: you want it not for itself, but because it will content your spirit for the moment.
- Forget and forgive. This is not difficult when properly understood. It means forget inconvenient duties, then forgive yourself for forgetting. By rigid practice and stern determination, it comes easy.
- Don’t worry about genius. Don’t worry about being clever. Trust to hard work, perseverance and determination. And the best motto for a long march is: Don’t grumble. Plug on!