I doubt anyone will ever see — anywhere — a memorial to a pessimist.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One of the horrors of hell is the undying memory of a misspent life.
- Be careful about lending a friend money. It may damage her memory.
- In case of doubt we should always lean on the side of mercy.
- When in doubt, tell the truth.
- A little girl at the wedding afterwards asked her mother why the bride changed her mind. What do you mean? responded her mother. Well, she went down the aisle with one man, and came back with another.
- It would take battalions of angels to protect us from our dreaded dangers, though in a long lifetime few of the dangers come to anything.