The philosopher must station themselves in the middle.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A great scholar is seldom a great philosopher.
- If any man wishes to write a clear style, let him first be clear in his thoughts.
- The wealth that cannot be administered is a burden.
- The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone who thinks and feels with us, and who, though distant is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.
- He who does not expect a million readers should not write a line.
- Those that are firm in their will mold the world to themselves.