The philosopher proves that the philosopher exists. The poet merely enjoys existence.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Perhaps it is of more value to infuriate philosophers than to go along with them.
- The poet is the priest of the invisible.
- Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.
- The day of the sun is like the day of a king. It is a promenade in the morning, a sitting on the throne at noon, a pageant in the evening.
- Union of the weakest develops strength not wisdom. Can all men, together, avenge one of the leaves that have fallen in autumn? But the wise man avenges by building his city in snow.
- The genuine artist is never true to life. He sees what is real, but not as we are normally aware of it. We do not go storming through life like actors in a play. Art is never real life.