In order to fully realize how bad a popular play can be, it is necessary to see it twice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- My method is to take the utmost trouble to find the right thing to say, and then to say it with the utmost levity.
- Marriage is popular because it combines the maximum of temptation with the maximum of opportunity.
- An election is a moral horror, as bad as a battle except for the blood; a mud bath for every soul concerned in it.
- Suppose the world were only one of God’s jokes, would you work any the less to make it a good joke instead of a bad one?
- Hell is paved with good intentions, not with bad ones. All men mean well.
- The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another.