Politics will sooner or later make fools of everybody.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You cannot go ahead while you are getting even.
- Sometimes in politics one must duel with skunks, but no one should be fool enough to allow skunks to choose the weapons.
- I am really sorry to see my countrymen trouble themselves about politics. If men were wise, the most arbitrary princes could not hurt them. If they are not wise, the freest government is compelled to be a tyranny. Princes appear to me to be fools. Houses of Commons and Houses of Lords appear to me to be fools; they seem to me to be something else besides human life.
- It is a vain hope to make people happy by politics.
- Ignorance makes most men go into a political party, and shame keeps them from getting out of it.
- Politics makes strange postmasters.