A promising young man should go into politics so that he can go on promising for the rest of his life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Learning to dislike children at an early age saves a lot of expense and aggravation later in life.
- There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on.
- Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other.
- Once you run for office, you’re in it — sort of like going into the military. You’d better be damned sure it is what you want to do and that the rest of your life is set up to accommodate that. It takes a certain toll on your personality and on your family life. I’ve seen it personally.
- No wonder that, when a political career is so precarious, men of worth and capacity hesitate to embrace it. They cannot afford to be thrown out of their life’s course by a mere accident.
- A party of order or stability, and a party of progress or reform, are both necessary elements of a healthy state of political life.