Any 20 year-old who isn’t a liberal doesn’t have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn’t a conservative doesn’t have a brain.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.
- Politics are almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics many times.
- Politicians have the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterward to explain why it didn’t happen.
- In war you can be killed only once. In politics, many times.
- Writing is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, then it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and fling him to the public.
- When I look back on all the worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which never happened.