In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Plagiarists are always suspicious of being stolen from.
- Prose, words in their best order. Poetry, the best words in the best order.
- As it must not, so genius cannot be lawless; for it is even that constitutes its genius — the power of acting creatively under laws of its own origination.
- Rights! There are no rights whatever without corresponding duties. Look at the history of the growth of our constitution, and you will see that our ancestors never upon any occasion stated, as a ground for claiming any of their privileges, an abstract right inherent in themselves; you will nowhere in our parliamentary records find the miserable sophism of the Rights of Man.
- Good and bad men are less than they seem.
- Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm.