In Mexico an air conditioner is called a politician because it makes a lot of noise but doesn’t work very well.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The mistake a lot of politicians make is in forgetting they’ve been appointed and thinking they’ve been anointed.
- It is hard to say why politicians are called servants, unless it is because a good one is hard to find.
- It doesn’t matter what I say as long as I sound different from other politicians.
- It is unfair to expect a politician to live in private up to the statements he makes in public.
- You slam a politician, you make out he’s the devil, with horns and hoofs. But his wife loves him, and so did all his mistresses.
- Now, we deny not, but that politicians may sometimes abuse religion, and make it serve for the promoting of their own private interests and designs; which yet they could not do so well neither, were the thing itself a mere cheat and figment of their own, and had no reality at all in nature, nor anything solid at the bottom of it.