In politics, nothing is contemptible.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
- A majority is always better than the best repartee.
- Things must be done by parties, not by persons using parties as tools.
- My objection to Liberalism is this — that it is the introduction into the practical business of life of the highest kind — namely, politics — of philosophical ideas instead of political principles.
- Something unpleasant is coming when men are anxious to tell the truth.
- I was told that the Privileged and the People formed Two Nations.