Things must be done by parties, not by persons using parties as tools.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
- A majority is always better than the best repartee.
- It is well-known what a middleman is: he is a man who bamboozles one party and plunders the other.
- Little things affect little minds.
- Something unpleasant is coming when men are anxious to tell the truth.
- Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress: having reflected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.